Friday, October 11, 2013

Riding Boots- My Fall Wish List Complete

My search for new riding boots is finally over. After having my eye on a pair of  Frye Paige Riding boots for the past year the dream of owning them came to a crash when the sales guy told me that they made me look "thick". Excuse me..."Thick". I had to think for a moment what he meant and then he also went on to say they hit me all wrong at the knee, and this was not a good look for me. What ever happened to simply saying, "Sorry, these boots are not flattering on you". Good thing I wasn't terribly offended. I appreciated the honesty and if I am going to make an investment in something I want the truth but how about with some tack. Plus,  I was disappointed with how they looked on me. Very baggy in the ankle and overall looked sloppy. So, the search continued until my husband found a pair for me online. 
Say hello to the Madewell Archive Riding Boot


They are really comfortable and for being a pull on boot  my heel did not slip near as much like it did in the Frye boot. With a zip up boot you will not have the issue of your heel slipping. These are made in Italy and are very simple. I am not one for a lot of zippers or buckles. 
If you are looking for a classic yet simple pair of riding boots I do recommend the Archive Boot. Plus, right now they are 30% off online with free shipping or 20% off in stores. The stores will even match the online price but only if you mention it. 
PS: online it says to order down 1.2 a size for a good fit. I think they fit true to size not big. I wear an 8 and I bought an 8. I tried them on with boot socks along with jeggings and I had no issues with being bulking or feeling too tight.

I also snagged these jeggings which fit really nicely and are not at all bulky with these boots. This is a new wash (sort of a faded, vintage blue) for me so not sure what to think of the color. Thoughts? I loved how they fit. I have tried on more pairs of jeans in the last few weeks and I have to say the fit and cut on these jeggings is really nice.

So thank you Madewell for completing my fall wardrobe.

here are few more items from Madewell I love.


What is on your fall wish list?





1 comment:

  1. These are awesome boots! I found brown boots last year and am now on the hunt for good black boots.

    ReplyDelete