Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Getting Settled

Slowly but surely we are getting settled into our new home. All of the boxes are finally out of the house and now its time to figure out furniture and how I exactly want to decorate.

Luckily, the home we purchased is painted a nice neutral khaki color that I don't mind so at least we won't have to reprint an entire house! We will be painting Miss E's room, a wall in the master bedroom, and possibly one of the living room walls as well.

I am learning that buying furniture is not as fun as it sounds. Its either cheaply made, the color won't work {i.e. trying to find a kitchen table}, or way too expensive. I have a set budget a

But, thank goodness for Pinterest and some other home sites that have been recommended for decorating and purchasing.

It is great being able to walk to one of the three swimming pools we have in our community. The pool we walk to even has a splash pad area. Miss E loves it.

We have already met so many nice people and Miss E has a new friend! Super sweet people.

and... we have been able to experience rain! Not just once, but three times in the past 3 weeks.

Here are some of our recent home purchases.

Found this lounge series sofa and ottoman in the color shown at the Crate and Barrel Outlet in San Marcos. These outlets are ahhmaazing and we scored a really good deal on both pieces. Best part is both pieces are in perfect condition and we saved over 50%.




barstools for our kitchen counter
We went with the darker seagrass 


Coffee and Console Table for downstairs living room




Best part is every piece we purchased we bought at a discount price.
I did not know this, but most places will give you a new movers discount, you just need to ask! 




1 comment:

  1. I love all the items you purchased. I can't wait to see pics as you start to get settled in! Furniture shopping as so stressful for me last year as I had such a limited budget... I am happy with what I purchased, but assembling it was kind of a hellacious experience. I hope next time I buy furniture I am in the position to buy things that are already assembled. :)

    ReplyDelete