Monday, July 11, 2011

Our Summer Vacation

We spent ten days seeing family and friends. Miss E was a fantastic traveler on the plane and in the car. We were really surprised with how well she traveled as we have never taken a long road trip with her. One of our legs of the trip was a 7 hr car ride and she handled the ride better than her parents!

We spent a few days in Iowa visiting some of Chris's extended family which was a lot of fun. We then headed to my sister's lake cabin in Minnesota where we spent the 4th of July. We were able to spend a lot of time relaxing, playing in the water, and did a lot of boating which Miss E loved.
Lake Highlights:
{boating with cousin Miss C}

{baby's 1st Fourth of July}



We then made our way back to Minneapolis where we were able to spend quality time with our good friends and explore a city that we miss greatly. We spent a lot of time strolling around the lakes, eating ice cream at my favorite ice cream spot, shopping at Mall of America, and visiting the beautiful Minnehaha Falls.
{morning workout around Lake Calhoun}

{ice cream at my favorite ice cream spot!}

{shopping at American Girl. Miss E bought her bitty baby a new outfit!}




{family photo and sites from Minneahaha Falls}


The rest of our time was spent in the company of my best friends! I couldn't ask for better friends or for a better family getaway!


2 comments:

  1. Great recap! I am so glad you had such a wonderful trip. It was so great seeing you in Minneapolis and spending quality time together. You really lucked out on the weather, too!

    And I am super impressed by how well Elle travels! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is great she traveled so well! Her little dress on the 4th of July is TOO ADORABLE! :) She's so cute!

    I also have to say -- for it not even being a year since you've had a baby, you look amazing!!!

    Sounds like a perfect trip to MNPOS. I know how trip back made me miss the midwest SO MUCH.

    -Abby

    ReplyDelete