Monday, May 23, 2011

Teacher Appreciation Gift Ideas

This past week it was Teacher Appreciation Week at Miss E's daycare/ school. I put together several treats for her wonderful teachers and here is what I came up with to show how much we appreciate her wonderful teachers.

I bought these glass spice jars from Ikea. Filled them up with hershey kisses with a note that said "Kisses from Elle". I then tied ribbon around them and printed out these adorable teacher thank you printables via tipjunkie.

Homemade red velvet cupcakes with cream cheese frosting made for another delicious sweet treat. I used the recipe from my all time favorite cupcake book the Hummingbird Bakery. Cupcakes toppers are via living locurto.

Next up was "I've gone bananas for you"... banana bread! I used this recipe via all recipes.
I then wrapped up the individual loaves with parchment paper and tied them with fun ribbon. After all its all about the presentation, right?!
it was so fun to bring in special treats and to finally apply the crafty inspiration I have been wanting to share with others.

5 comments:

  1. WOW! When did you have time to do that??? Fabulous! I really loved the IKEA spice jars!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are a fabulous way to honor teachers! xxoo. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so talented, Heidi! Beck and Nolan's teachers only got hastily written cards from me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - you did a lot for her teachers. Very impressed! I bet they really appreciated it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing!! Here is a good gift idea... You have to scroll down though. Cheap and Easy!!

    http://twoprincessesandoneprince.blogspot.com/2011/05/teacher-gifts-underappreciated.html

    ReplyDelete