Friday, June 11, 2010

Summer Beach Reads

Happy Friday, it’s Lisa from Lisa’s Yarns! While Cherry Blossom is off exploring with her family, I have the honor of posting in her absence.

I am sort of the unofficial librarian in my group of friends. I take pride in the fact that I usually am able to suggest a great book when a friend is looking for a recommendation. Today I’d like to share some great summer reads. All of these books would be great for a vacation get-away, whether you are escaping to the coast or to a lawn chair in your back yard!


Page Turner Mystery: The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson

Engaging Love Story: The Sunflower by Richard Paul Evans

Travel Memoir with a Love Story: Es Cuba by Lea Aschkenas

Tear Jerker: Suzanne’s Diary for Nicholas by James Patterson

Chick Lit: Angry Housewives Eating Bon Bons


What are some summer reads you would recommend to a friend?



4 comments:

  1. I've only read a few of these, I'll be adding some more to my good reads list. My friends usually come to me for recs too. =) I always recommend Water for Elephants, The Rooftops of Tehran, and few others.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read any of these - thanks for the suggestions!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! - There you are, Lisa! ;) I was thinking "Oh dear, she missed her morning post! My day just won't be the same!"

    Great suggestion of books! I've read the Sunflower and absolutely loved it. I have no suggestions - since I've been out of the "reading world" lately. But thank you!

    Hope Cherry Blossoms is enjoying her time of reading on the gorgeous beaches of Coronado Island!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the list! I am going to request some books at the library!

    ReplyDelete